Comment on page
Routing Forms/Event Routing
- Route to particular cal link.
- Route to booking with a particular member of a team event that's the best match. It can be like a new addition to Scheduling Type options (Collective, Round Robin) - Calendly doesn't seem to have it.
- Route to external URL e.g. if requirements for a meeting don’t meet
- Route to a Page with a custom message e.g. Thank you for your interest but we aren't ready to serve you yet.
- Support in both embed and direct Cal link.
- Enrich using the data directly provided by the user or any plugin(e.g. in embed there can be a plugin that can use the data available to the website about the user) and then use the data to decide which team member to route to.
- Duplicate a Routing Form
- Export Results
- As there would be more data that can be useful for the organizer to learn about the booker before the meeting, this is important.
- Questions can be marked required/optional
- Do we use the private URL for it or make it work directly with the public Cal Link ?
- To create questions.
Types of Questions
- Name - Calendly doesn't allow routing based on it
- Single Input Box
- Full Name, Middle Name, LastName
- Operators - Operates on Email domain only(probably)
- doesn't include
- Phone Number - Calendly doesn't allow routing based on it
- Short Text - Calendly doesn't allow routing based on it
- Long Text - Calendly doesn't allow routing based on it
- is not
- Single Select
- is not
- Multi Select [Not in Calendly]
- Checkbox [Not in Calendly
- [Not in Calendly] It can allow the user to choose the route to a different next question based on previous answers
- Software Engineer →Go to Question(To Learn Programming Language) → C++(answered) -> Book a meeting with a C++ Expert
- Designer → Go to Question(Learn which Design tool) → Answered(Figma) -> Book meeting with a Figma expert
Useful Open Source Projects
- A query builder that can export to JSON Logic https://github.com/ukrbublik/react-awesome-query-builder
- Provides Drag and Drop of conditions
- Many operators are supported based on data type
- Grouping Support Group1 = A || B; Group2=C || D and Group1 && Group2
- Declarative UI builder
- Automation Tests
- Would need to work on UI.
- Doesn't use tailwind.
- Not well maintained. We can just fork from it
- Automation tests in Karma
- Ciaran to check Calendly and Deel to understand what should be our MVP
- Calendly is more custom and doesn't consider Calendly Team Member attributes